226 awards given on the annual day of the City Police 2023The City Police held their annual ceremony in the auditorium at the CCIB yesterday afternoon, which included a tribute to retired staff and medals for long service, plus medals of merit and recognition plaques from the corps.
Firstly, 142 medals and 15 plaques were awarded to highlight the importance of tasks carried out for the city by various people and organisations over the course of the year and to thank them for their collaboration in the realm of safety and prevention:
- 44 medals of honour for external merit for work and collaboration with the City Police.
- 11 plaques of recognition for external groups and organisations for their collaboration with the corps and good public service.
- 77 internal medals of honour for career paths and significant acts by members of the corps.
- 4 internal plaques of recognition for various teams and services within the City Police.
- 20 internal medals for 25 years of service for members of the corps reaching this milestone.
After this came the retirement gifts for the 63 people retiring from the corps this year. The ceremony was also used to bid farewell to 3 dogs from the Dog Unit which are leaving the corps and to thank the people adopting them.
The most emotive part of the ceremony came at the end, with the tribute to the three officers who died during the past year.
The event featured music by the composer Manu Guix.