Commercial PMVs in Ciutat Vella restricted to two routes in summerThe City Council has initially approved a decree restricting the circulation of commercial personal mobility vehicles (PMV) during the summer months in Ciutat Vella. The regulation limits commercial use of these vehicles to two specific routes to ease the strain on public space in the district.
The restriction applies to three types of vehicles:
- Type A: Small personal mobility vehicles such as small electric scooters, electric wheels and electric platforms.
- Type B: Larger personal mobility vehicles such as large electric scooters and segways.
- Type C1: Cycles with more than two wheels used for commercial purposes.
These vehicles will not be allowed to circulate in the inner part of the district and they may only travel along two routes established in the by-law on the circulation of pedestrians and vehicles in the district of Ciutat Vella.
- North-south route: Plaça del Portal de la Pau – Passeig de Colom – Passeig d’Isabel II – Avinguda del Marquès de l’Argentera – Passeig de Circumval·lació.
- East-west route: Passeig de Picasso – Passeig de Lluís Companys – Passeig de Pujades – Avinguda Meridiana.
The measure, applied since 2016, has the goal of establishing a balance between the use of public space and community life.
The byelaw provides for fines of up to 100 euros for minor infringements, 200 euros for serious infringements and 500 euros for very serious cases. PMVs for personal use will not be affected by the restriction decree and will have to comply with the provisions of the byelaw.