Dog recreation space of 1,400 m2 at the Parc de l’Estació del NordThe new dog recreation space at the Parc de l’Estació del Nord will be one of the largest in the city. The new area responds to calls from local people, to help towards a harmonious use of space. At present, 98% of Barcelona households have an area for animals within fifteen minutes from home.
The new dog area at the Parc de l’Estació del Nord will have:
- Drinking points with drinking water for animals
- Sifted sand for playing
- Benches for dog owners
- Landscaped sloping walls to separate the dog space from the rest of the park in a natural way
Other improvements will also be made in an area of nearly 5,000 m2 in the park:
- New entrance in C/ Sardenya
- Lighting replaced by LED projectors
- New urban furniture with concrete benches followed the curved lines of the parterres
- New parterres
- Substitution of the wall of at the chamfer Sardenya-Almogàvers to make it less opaque and improve visibility between the inside and the outside
Work gets under way at the end of August and should be completed in February 2022.
Over a hundred dog areas
The city currently has 113 dog areas in all, 41 of which are larger than 400 m2, 20 of which are larger than 700 m2, and 72 of which are smaller than 400 m2.
Check where to find them on the animal welfare website.