Support services for women and children who suffer male violenceWomen and children who suffer gender violence in Barcelona have access to various specialised services offering support, advice and assistance in person, online and by phone.
Do you suffer male violence?
The Care, Recovery and Shelter Service (SARA) offers face-to-face, online and phone support specifically for people suffering gender violence, such as women, children, teenagers, LGBTI people and anyone else affected.
- 900 922 357
- Phone support: Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 2 pm, and Monday to Thursday, from 4 pm to 7 pm
- Emergency face-to-face support: without an appointment, Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 1 pm.
- C/ Marie Curie, 16
What to do in an emergency situation involving gender violence?
If you live in Barcelona and this type of situation occurs outside of the hours for the SARA, you can contact the Barcelona Social Emergency and Urgent Care Centre (CUESB):
- Tel. 900 703 030
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
You can also use the phone support service for gender violence, which covers the whole of Catalonia and offers free confidential support in 124 languages. The service provides information relating to gender violence and ways of activating intervention services in cases of aggression.
- Tel. 900 900 120
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
What to do if you suffer an aggression?
If you suffer an aggression or are in immediate risk:
- Call 112. Try to keep your mobile phone with you at all times.
- If you’re at home, go to a communal space (balcony, staircase…).
- If you can’t get out, shut yourself in a room with a window, but avoid the kitchen and the bathroom.
- Shout and make a noise so neighbours can hear you.
- If you are responsible for minors, explain to them that if there is violence they must protect themselves and must not intervene. If you shut yourself in a room or decide to leave always try to do so with them.
More specialised services
Other specialised services remain operative and provide support by phone or online:
- Women’s Information and Support Points (PIAD): public service, free and confidential, offering information, advice and guidance for women in different spheres, as well as psychological and legal advice. Phone: 900 922 357.
- Municipal Unit Against Human Trafficking (UTEH): comprehensive service (psychological, social and legal) for victims trafficked for whatever end (sexual exploitation, organ trafficking, begging etc.), advice for social and professional entities which need it. Email: unitatTEH@bcn.cat.
- ABITS Agency: support for cis and trans women working as prostitutes in Barcelona, giving priority to those in especially vulnerable situations. Comprehensive support so that they can find out about and exercise their rights under equal conditions. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for men who exercise sexist violence
The Men’s Care Programme (SAH) guarantees phone support for any man looking to change and improve their personal relationships and avoid the use of any type of violence. Provided by specialist professionals, the service offers guidelines for identifying violent behaviour and attitudes, assuming responsibility and looking for non-violent alternatives in relationships.
- Tel. 933 491 610
- Monday to Friday, 10 am to 8 pm.
Security and preventionSecurity and prevention
22/12/2020 09:37 h
24/11/2020 18:40 h