Subsidies to strengthen projects in the social and solidarity economyThe latest subsidy call to strengthen the social and solidarity economy has a budget of 1.1 million euros for initiatives that foster public or social interest for the city. The main change this year is that these subsidies are now being opened up to housing cooperatives.
Subsidies can cover up to 80% of the total cost of each project, up to a maximum of 50,000 euros for housing cooperatives operating with leaseholds.
- Creation of new cooperatives and transformation of other existing legal forms for cooperatives.
- Consolidation of business and scalability of initiatives in the social and solidarity economy to strengthen economic feasibility.
- Training: innovation and training to improve management and open up new lines of business.
- Digitalisation: digital transformation of companies in the social and solidarity economy in Barcelona.
- Intercooperation of second level and above: projects promoted by organisations in the social and solidarity economy or second-level ethical finance or above (made up of a group of organisations), which contribute to the rollout of the BCN ESS 2030 strategy and are aimed at its member organisations.
- Creation, development and strengthening of cooperative ecosystems and clusters in the social and solidarity economy.
- Strategic sectors
- Housing cooperatives with leaseholds. This is for cooperatives with rights to a plot of land or multi-family property to renovate completely, located in Barcelona. At least 50% of the homes planned must be earmarked for official protection.
- Link to the application procedure for the subsidy
- Guide to the application process
- Rules for the call
- Application period: up to 13 April