Over 3.3 million euros from the tourist tax to boost the cityPart of the money raised by the tax on overnight stays in tourist accommodation in 2019 will be used to fund a package of measures to boost the visitor economy, the local strategy to add value to features of interest in the districts, sustainability and the promotion of the city.
How will the funds be used?
- Projects to further protocols and processes to achieve a safe city for visitors in the post-Covid scenario, such as the service provided by civic officers, redirected to provide support for control and information on health and safety measures due to the pandemic.
- Initiatives to broaden and strengthen interest in heritage, whether historical or with significant social value in the districts.
- Support for strategies to stimulate consumption in the various commercial networks during the next Christmas campaign.
- Action on responsable tourism.
- Support for various events relating to cultural and creative industries.
14/09/2020 14:53 h