Dau Barcelona set to fill the Fabra i Coats with games againThe 12th edition of the Dau is being held on 18 and 19 November at the Fabri Coats, in the district of Sant Andreu. This is an essential event for games enthusiasts to rediscover classic board games and get up to date with all the latest games and trends.
Dau Barcelona is divided into sections such as:
- Gran Dau, a space where you can discover classic and new games, with people on hand to demonstrate the games and explain how they work.
- Championships, during the day and the evenings too.
- Activities at the Ateneu l’Harmonia, where new game prototypes will be on display.
- Children’s games at the Dauet, at the Escola Can Fabra
- Dau expert, for more experienced players, at the Institut Martí Pous, where the Dau historic will also be held.
- Dau tradicional, with classic games, in the playground of the Escola Can Fabra and the Institut Vapor del Fil.
The festival also organises activities throughout the year in schools, libraries, community centres, spaces for the elderly and even various streets and squares, inviting people to build connections through board games.
The DAU starts with an awards gala at the Sant Andreu Theatre during the evening of 17 November, where a prominent figure from the world of games will be giving awards for the best author of the year, the best emerging author of the year and the best illustrator of the year. As in each edition, the Saló del Prestigi de Dau Barcelona, a hall of fame for individuals who stand out for the promotion, study or creation of games, will include a new historical figure. The gala will be shown live on the festival website.