Applicants will need to submit their CV and a cover letter in English before 10 July.
The Manifesta biennial is calling for entries for a temporary General Coordinator. The general coordinator’s main role will be to help to implement and monitor the organisation of Manifesta 15 in Barcelona, which will be held in 2024. Together with the directors, the general coordinator is a key figure for conveying Barcelona’s content and maintaining relations not just with local and international players but also with staff.
Manifesta is one of the international contemporary art sector’s most prestigious events. It rethinks relations between culture and society by researching and acting as a catalyst for social changes in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social domain of a specific region. The Manifesta biennial has been held in a different European city every two years since 1996. The latest two have been Marseilles (Manifesta 13) and Pristina (Manifesta 14).
The candidacy presented by Barcelona is on a metropolitan scale and, in addition to the Catalan capital’s involvement, other municipalities taking part will include Badalona, Cornellà, Granollers, L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Mataró, el Prat de Llobregat, Sabadell, Sant Cugat del Vallès, Terrassa and Santa Coloma de Gramenet.
Anyone who wishes to apply for the post of General Coordinator will need to send their CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com before 10 July. The email’s subject line must state "general coordinator".
Requirements and duties
Candidates are required to have a background in international organisations and to have event management and administrative management skills. They must also have a network of contacts available in the visual arts sector and local institutions and also be capable of team-working and interacting with an international team. Likewise, they must be people who can adapt quickly to changing situations, as well as have good communication skills and experience in managing cultural projects on a similar scale to Manifesta, and also an international vocation, preferably in non-commercial or non-profit organisations. Mandatory requirements are a minimum of five years’ experience in cultural management in international organisations, linked ideally to contemporary art; having an excellent knowledge of tax and legal regulations in foundation administration as well as of the cultural sector in Barcelona and its metropolitan area, and fluency in Catalan, Spanish and English.
Their duties shall be to:
- Coordinate and organise the 2024 Barcelona M15 Project, providing support for the Directorate-General and local institutions.
- Coordinate the technical and ancillary support of the Barcelona M15 Project’s various activities.
- Coordinate relations between the local sector and the international team, the artistic team and the Foundation’s staff.
- Implement and supervise initiatives from the local teams of the technical and administrative management departments, public programmes, communication, marketing and publications, funding and sponsoring and production.
- Supervise the contractual tendering procedures and their implementation as well as ensure compliance with employment and tax regulations.
- Implement the decisions taken by the Board of Trustees, the Foundation’s governing body for its smooth running.
The full annual remuneration is €60,000.
Check here all the details of the call.