Local residents are gaining a new community venue at Mercat de Sant AntoniGreen light for the building project for new facilities that will occupy the underground part of Mercat de Sant Antoni, the result of a participatory process that brought together the neighbourhood’s local residents, associations and retailers
Mercat de Sant Antoni continues to expand its connections to the neighbourhood and local residents following the approval of a master plan to start building work on a new community space, an initiative with a budget of 1,430,000 euros that will commence this coming autumn and which is expected to last for five months.
The plan’s design is the result of a participatory process begun in 2016 and which brought together Sant Antoni’s associations, retailers and local residents to think up a space that would meet everyone’s needs. Specifications will be made in September on how the venue is to be managed.
The market’s underground will house a series of facilities intended to stimulate Eixample’s local residents’ and associations’ activities, and will include as follows:
- A reception area and a multipurpose space for holding small events, on the main level, in continuity with the moat space.
- A community culinary classroom with cooking, confection, refrigeration and storage areas.
- A multipurpose space for young people.
- A sound-proof and high acoustic-quality music-rehearsal room.
- Additional spaces for associations and a meeting room.
Storage room and loos.
28/07/2021 11:29 h
Urban planning and infrastructuresUrban planning and infrastructures
03/08/2021 13:38 h
Commerce and marketsCommerce and markets
11/06/2021 15:10 h