Ten proposals to boost the neighbourhood of El Besòs i el MaresmeThe Full Council unanimously agrees on a ten-point roadmap for future improvements in different spheres of community life in this neighbourhood in Sant Martí. The proposals came from a working commission with 25 organisations and were agreed on with all municipal groups, based on the Commitment to El Besòs i el Maresme from two years ago.
The ten proposals are:
- Strengthen and update the commitment to move forward with the housing renovation plan.
- Strengthen and improve teaching centres and their links with culture and sport.
- Strengthen primary healthcare.
- Make progress with social cohesion in the neighbourhood, driving the local economy.
- Achieve a greener neighbourhood, committed to the climate emergency.
- Work towards a clean neighbourhood which is identified by its civic attitude and harmony.
- Eliminate the digital divide.
- Strengthen security.
- Set out an investment plan which can be assessed.
- Designate a commissioner for the Commitment to El Besòs i el Maresme and establish assessment mechanisms with an external body.
Approved in October 2020, the Commitment to El Besòs i el Maresme already set out a ten-point plan with over sixty measures to be implemented, a third of them with a specific calendar. Notably, a large number of the measures refer to teaching and the climate emergency. The measures are geared towards a period of fifteen years and aimed at avoiding local residents having to leave the neighbourhood to pursue their life projects elsewhere.
See the press release with links to the institutional declaration approving the ten-point plan and the Commitment to El Besòs i el Maresme.
City CouncilCity Council
09/03/2021 17:26 h