The number of people assisted for improving their employment situation grows by 30%Barcelona Activa’s information points for guidance and job-hunting assisted an average of 104 people a day during the months of January and February 2021, 30% more than during the same period in the previous year. The service assisted 8000 users by the end of 2020.
The increase is also due to the remote adaptation of the service, since 16 March 2020, in addition to the health-emergency context. This has enabled assistance to be provided by telephone, instant messaging and email.
What kind of people are assisted?
- 60% of those attended are women, divided into two majority age brackets: from 25 to 39 (39%) and from 40 to 54 (41%).
- 53% completed their secondary-school studies, 32% have higher studies and 15% either have only primary-school studies or no studies at all.
- 58% are unemployed, and 4% in a Record of Temporary Employment Regulation (ERTO) situation.
- 22% reside in Sant Martí, 14% in Nou Barris, 13% in Eixample and 12% in Sants-Montjuïc.
What services do they request?
Depending on the needs of each person, they are referred to several services:
- 29% to personalised advice from the team in Porta22.
- 22% to Barcelona Treball-related activities.
- 7% to the job-hunting space and 6% to job offers.
- Other enquiries were referred to external training resources, as well as the Catalan Employment Service (SOC).
Information points for guidance and job-hunting are an initial service for assistance and referral to useful resources for people in the process of receiving guidance, job-hunting or self-employment.
Barcelona Activa’s other services for assisting people who wish to improve their employment situation have also expanded their scope of action. Employment rights defence points, which have also opened remotely, have attended to close to three thousand people since the start of the pandemic.
The city’s fight against job insecurity and employment and social inequalities and its commitment to economic progress and talent are priorities which feature in the Barcelona Green Deal economic agenda.
29/01/2020 18:08 h