Tourist tax to help kickstart the economyNearly three million euros raised from the tourist tax will be invested to help kickstart the economy and provide extra support for the tourist sector. Initiatives which are to receive funding include projects to support the business network, to boost sustainability and the promotion of the city, and to foster local consumption.
The investment package of 2,972,797 euros is aimed at promoting the city as a place for local people and tourists alike in a post-Covid scenario.
What projects will get funding?
- Programmes and protocols to make the city a safe place for visitors post-Covid.
- Initiatives to improve research and innovation in tourism.
- Strategies to stimulate consumption at municipal markets.
- Promotional action at an international level.
- Events relating to cultural and creative industries.
The tax on overnight stays in tourist accommodation (IEET) is paid by guests staying in regulated tourist accommodation in the city. It is an autonomous regional tax, 50% managed by Barcelona.
12/06/2020 12:14 h