Choosing a School in Barcelona
Barcelona is a cosmopolitan city where residents of as many as 180 different nationalities live together, and the world we live in is increasingly global and interconnected. This reality means that Barcelona's infant, primary and secondary education is becoming increasingly diverse and multilingual, with a focus on foreign languages and the presence of special categories such as the international baccalaureate or the batxibac.
If you have come to live in Barcelona with your family and you have school-age children, you will want to find out what the city's schools have to offer.
Now that it's time for pre-registration for the 2022-2023 school year, Barcelona City Council wishes to present the various schooling options available to you, via this informative session that we are organising in collaboration with the Barcelona Education Consortium, the Government of Catalonia's Department of Education and the Barcelona International Schools Association (BISA).
The first part of the session is a round table, in order to explain the local education system and the offer of international schools, along with the factors that you need to bear in mind when choosing a school. There will also be a practical presentation on the pre-registration process.
The second part of the session will consist of a matchmaking system, where you can obtain information and first-hand knowledge about the various educational organisations taking part.
10:30-11:30 am - Choosing a school in Barcelona: brose all the options the city offers to your family
- Welcome speech by Mario Rubert, the director of Barcelona City Council's City Promotion
- Round table: the education options available in Barcelona for international families
- Oriol Pallarés and Esteve Juanola, assistants head inspectors at the Government of Catalonia's Department of Education
- Julie Harris, president of the Barcelona International Schools Association (BISA)
- Moderated by: Guifré Jordan, deputy editor at Catalan News
- Presentation: “How to pre-enroll your child in Barcelona's state and subsidised schools”
- Cristina Iglesia, education advisor from the Barcelona Education Consortium
11:30-11:45 am - Break
11:45 am - 12:30 pm - Educational Matchmaking OneToOne. Personalised attention at the information points of the following organisations:
- Barcelona Education Consortium
- Department of Education. Government of Catalonia
- American School of Barcelona
- Aula Escola Europea
- Benjamin Franklin International School
- École Française Ferdinand de Lesseps
- Emilio Sánchez American School
- Hamelin-Laie International School
- Highlands School Barcelona
- Kensignton School
- Lycée Français de Barcelone
- Lycée Français de Gavà Bon Soleil
- Oak House School
- Princess Margaret School
- St. Peter’s School Barcelona
- The British College of Gavà
- The British School of Barcelona
- The International School of Catalunya
Auditori Cibernàrium in the Edifici MediaTIC
Roc Boronat, 117, 2a planta
A free, on-site event, with prior registration. Attendance is limited to the venue capacity. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
In accordance with health recommendations, all necessary Covid-19 preventative measures will be taken.
MediaTic Building Auditorium||c/ de Roc Boronat, 117, 2nd floor
10/03/2022||10.30 am - 12.30 pm