Recognition and validation of studies

You are coming to live in Barcelona and want your studies in other countries to be valid here.

In that case, you must complete some formalities to validate your studies or academic qualifications and have them recognised.

  • If you have completed studies and obtained a degree abroad, you can apply for recognition with a Spanish degree. You can therefore receive official recognition and will be able to continue studying at the next level of education or work in your field.

  • If you have incomplete studies or you have completed them but not yet obtained the academic qualification, you can apply for validation. You will get recognition of the studies completed and be able to finish the subjects or courses which have not been validated, or gain the qualification.