LIBRARY AND ARCHIVE
The Museu Etnològic i de Cultures del Món Library is located in the Parc Montjuïc Venue and it specialises in social anthropology and ethnology. It has a fine collection —over 22,000 items— of publications related to all cultural aspects and representations of life in society.
You can perform online catalogue searches on our website, or come and consult reference materials in our reading room.
The library and its collection is open to the public free of charge, for anyone interested in the subject areas covered by its collection, within normal opening times.
- You must be 18 or over to enter the reading room, but children can also enter if they are accompanied by an adult.
- The collection, kept on the ground floor, and the documents can be consulted by means of a prior request through the catalogue.
You can consult our brief user's manual, which explains, in an easy-to-understand way, how you can search for information in the library and the catalogue:
- You can download the Manual in PDF.
- You can also consult the Library classification system in PDF.
Our schedules are:
You need an appointment to visit the library. Contact us at:
- Telèfon +34 932 563 485
We advise and guide library users on how the library and the computerised catalogue work, as well as the available search options.
In regard to compulsory (ESO) and higher (batxillerat) secondary-school research work, the Museu Etnològic i de Cultures del Món Library offers students the chance to search the catalogue online, as well as consulting the collection in person, in the reading room. They are offered help with creating a bibliographical selection in the research project's area of interest and help in searching for information.
See the regulations on lending.
- The collection is organised according to our own classification system..
- You can carry out searches at Catalogue..
- You can look for historical documents on the Museum's expeditions at Catalogue of the archive.
We can send you digitalised documents by email, in PDF format. There is a limit of 20 pages per library user and per week.
- If you would like to use this service, you have to fill out the following Form and send it to the library's email address.
- Consult the Intellectual property regulations.