Measures to prevent the transmission of Covid-19 extended
13/11/2020 - 06:00 h
Covid-19. The measures will remain in force until 23 November.
The period of measures established to avoid the spread of Covid-19 in the city, based on the resolution approved by Catalonia’s civil protection plan (PROCICAT), has been extended to 23 November. Entering or leaving Catalonia is not permitted, except for medical emergencies, work, care of vulnerable people, return to one’s usual abode and other duly justified force majeure circumstances. Over the weekend, it will not be possible to enter or leave the municipality either, from 6 am on Friday to 6 am on Monday, with the same exceptions to apply. (Information updated on 13/11/2020)
The measures in the city include:
Travel and social gatherings
- Mobility is restricted between 10 pm and 6 am, except for medical emergencies; the acquisition of pharmaceutical products; work-related travel; care of the elderly, minors and dependent people; pet care; return to one’s usual residence after a journey and other force majeure causes.
- Commuting should be reduced as much as possible, with priority given to teleworking and flexible working hours.
- Capacity limited to 30%.
- Beauty establishments can now open, with appointments.
- Services involving physical contact are prohibited, except for hairdressing and essential health and social services.
- Establishments must close at 9 pm at the latest.
- Bars and restaurants will not be serving tables, neither inside nor outside. Home deliveries and takeaways can be provided by appointment.
Performing arts, shows and sports events
- Cinemas, exhibition venues, theatres, circus marquees etc. can open with 50% of their usual spectator capacity. This includes permanent buildings, outdoor spaces and sports centres.
- Venues hosting cultural activities must close at 10 pm at the latest, with spectators allowed until 11 pm to get home.
- Sports facilities must close at 9 pm at the latest.
- All non-official sports competitions are suspended.
Religious and civil ceremonies
- Venue capacities are limited to 30%, with a maximum of 100 people.
- Nightlife venues are closed.
- Theory classes will be held virtually instead of on-site.
Amusment parks and fairgrounds
- These are not open.
Parks and gardens
- These are to close at 8 pm.
Congresses, conventions, trade fairs and local festivals
- No on-site activities.
- Amusement arcades, casinos and bingo halls are closed.
Health and prevention measures
Suitable health and prevention measures must continue to be adopted in all spaces and for all activities, with safety distances between people guaranteed.
The measures have been published in the official state gazette (DOGC) and will initially be in place for fifteen days.