Multicultural Talent Management: Recruiting and onboarding culturally diverse talent
CYCLE: HR Best Practices in Multicultural Talent Management
Barcelona is an attractive city to live and work in. Many international companies have chosen the city to establish innovative ‘people hubs’, but how international talent is to be recruited and onboarded and how multicultural teams are to be successfully led and motivated in the new normal are complex. To help HR and Talent professionals to face the challenges of Multicultural Talent Management, we are offering this new cycle of sessions, in collaboration with BBi Communication, an international consulting & training company specialising in multicultural-talent management.
- Recruiting and onboarding culturally diverse talent (February, 16th)
- Leading multicultural teams (May, 4th)
- Harnessing cultural diversity in virtual teams (September, 28th)
Each session will follow a 30’ + 30’ + 30’ agenda:
- 30 minutes for intercultural tips and tricks
- 30 minutes for sharing best practices with leading companies
- 30 minutes for coffee and networking
SESSION 1: RECRUITING AND ONBOARDING CULTURALLY DIVERSE TALENT
The world is experiencing a 15-year low point in an ongoing talent shortage. According to a recent survey, 69% of companies worldwide reported talent shortages in 2021. That's up from just 35% in 2013. To attract and recruit the right people, employers need to understand cultural diversity relating to job offers, candidate applications, culturally appropriate interview questions and interpretation of candidates’ communication, verbal and non-verbal.
Candidates from different cultures can be motivated and perceive work very differently.
Once companies have hired, the onboarding process becomes important for them to facilitate the cultural adaptation of new employees, creating the right conditions for them to reach their full potential and maximise their retention rate.
In this session, we will explore recruitment and onboarding from an intercultural perspective and ensure that the benefits and full potential of culturally diverse talent are achieved.
AGENDA 30’ + 30‘ + 30’:
- 9.30 am - Tips and tricks on how to manage cultural diversity when attracting and onboarding international talent.
Karen Reith, BBi Communication and CCO Service Club Delivery.
- 10 am - Discussing panel with leading companies established in Barcelona. Case studies of Adevinta and Page Personnel.
Cassandra Lord, Director of Communications, Adevinta.
Gizem Baykal, Senior Manager, Page Personnel Shared Services Centre.
- 10.30 am - Coffee and networking to continue the conversations.
Centre per a la Iniciativa Emprenedora Glòries (Barcelona Activa)
c. Llacuna, 162-164
Free on-site event, upon registration.
The attendance is limited, places will be allocated on a first come-first serve basis.
In accordance with the health recommendations, all necessary prevention measures against Covid - 19 will be taken.
Centre per a la Iniciativa Emprenedora Glòries (Barcelona Activa)||c. Llacuna, 162-164 Barcelona
16/02/2022||9.30 am - 11 am