Government measure: Electric Mobility Strategy (2018). Electric mobility has become the preferred motorised mode of transport to accompany the transition towards a healthy and sustainable model of mobility. Thus, 80% of the municipal fleet is envisaged to be electric, including 100 buses, 800 taxis, 24,000 cars and 24,000 motorcycles, by 2024.
In Barcelona, you have advantages for the use of the electric vehicle, with over 500 charging points distributed throughout numerous stations and car parks in all districts, a 75% tax bonus on mechanical traction vehicles and a 0 Euro fee for parking in blue zone spaces.
You’ll also find a wide variety of shared electric vehicle services (mopeds and cars) in the city, which you can use for journeys where you need a private vehicle and you cannot go by public transport, on foot or by bike. Because you no longer need your own vehicle, you can benefit from the economic and environmental savings of a shared vehicle.
Locate all the charging points distributed at many stations in all districts and charge your vehicle so you can drive without fumes.
The city of Barcelona itself currently has electric vehicles in its fleet of municipal vehicles, both in city maintenance services (lighting, gardening, sewerage, etc.) and in the Guàrdia Urbana (city police) and the public transport vehicle fleet (buses, taxis) and others.
If you are thinking of joining electric mobility, consult the current advice and incentives to help you with this change.
Electric mobility brings energy, environmental and economic advantages:
Advantages in energy terms:
- It is more efficient than the conventional vehicle.
- It helps to reduce dependence on energy derived from
- It allows the integration of renewable energy into mobility.
- It contributes to distributed generation and encourages self-sufficiency.
Advantages in environmental terms:
It does not generate emissions or particulates with local emissions: PM10, NOx,
- It reduces noise pollution.
Advantages in economic terms:
- It accelerates the development of smart energy networks
- It consolidates an innovative industrial sector.
- It contributes to territorial rebalancing.
- It allows connectivity and interaction with ICTs.