New road sign for riders to get off bikes and scooters
Seven points around the city have a new sign obliging riders to get off bikes and scooters to go through indicated areas on foot, without restricting access to them or forcing them to seek an alternative route. The idea is to boost existing signage prohibiting cycling in the areas in question.
During the first few weeks, teams of information staff will be on hand to explain the new signs and explain the regulations on the circulation of bikes and scooters and hand out maps with Barcelona’s cycling itineraries.
Seven points in three districts
The points chosen for the new signs are:
- Plaça de Ferran Reyes 2-8, district of Sant Andreu
- Carrer de Ferran Junoy-Carrer de Sao Paulo, district of Sant Andreu
- Carrer de les Agudes 92, district of Nou Barris
- Gran Via Carles III- Carrer de Sabino Arana, district of Les Corts
- Passarel.la de la Maquinista, district of Sant Andreu
- Avinguda Meridiana 276, district of Sant Andreu
- Avinguda Meridiana 285, district of Sant Andreu
The measure is one of the steps to reorganise mobility as set out in the Pla Endreça. The goal is to help reduce conflicts in the coexistence between pedestrians and bicycles and personal mobility vehicles. Another thirty signs are due to be installed before the year is out.
23/10/2023 - 14:39 h Urban planning and infrastructures More investment in the Pla Endreça, a project for the whole term of office