Labour Mobility Pact
The initiative to achieve the sustainable and efficient mobility model required for Barcelona and the metropolitan area.
The new labour mobility pact for Barcelona is being promoted by Councillor’s Office for Mobility at Barcelona City Council. The initiative aims to form a major public-private alliance with all the city’s social and economic organisations and companies, as well as all operators from the mobility ecosystem, to act jointly and achieve the sustainable and efficient mobility model required for Barcelona and the metropolitan area.
Covid-19 and the complete standstill to mobility which it caused have highlighted the collective need to develop policies for mobility, the use of time and greater competitiveness. These include teleworking, flexible working hours, the rationalisation of time and the planning of commuter journeys for medium and large companies and organisations, as well as industrial estates.
This proposal is in keeping with the Sustainable Development Goals set out by the UN for 2030 and the EU environmental goals for states, regions and cities. It is also in line with:
- The government measures of April 2020 on a new sustainable mobility in a new public space.
- The City Pact for Barcelona’s post-pandemic social and economic recovery.
- The principles and action set out in the Barcelona Urban Mobility Plan (PMU.
- The principles of the Time Pact and the Barcelona Mobility Pact.
Barcelona City Council has already put together a remote working instruction and is preparing its teleworking project and the foundations for its Commuting Plan (PDE) for staff working in municipal buildings
Principles and goals
- Be linked to the city of Barcelona.
- Conduct regular activity and not envisage concluding their activity in the short term.
- Be sufficiently autonomous to decide on and carry out action within the context of the pact.